What Makes Us Different
You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice
Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
Comforting treatments for patients can continue
Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief can continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
We don’t require advance directive choices
We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
When you need care, we're ready to provide it
Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
Our heart stretches across the nation
At any given time, we provide comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
We’re accredited by ACHC
ACHC is the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
There to meet you on your journey
Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
We are mutual care providers
As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
Your Care Team
With us, hospice care takes a team approach, one that incorporates the patient, their loved ones and other health care professionals.
Your care team may include:
- Patients and families
- Hospice physician
- The patient's physician
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
Dr. Mohammed Yousuf—Medical Director
- Credentials: MD
- Fellowship: Loyola/Hines VA and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Residency: Rush-Copley
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean
- Practice or Clinic: Midwest Geriatrics
- Other Affiliations: American Board of Family Medicine, AMDA/IMDA
Dr. Terrie Lynn Weir—Team Physician
- Credentials: MD
- Residency: Rush-Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center
- Medical School: Rush Medical College
- Medical Specialty: Internal Medicine
- Practice or Clinic: Terrie L. Weir Medical P.C., General Internal Medicine
Lorrie Beck—Nurse Practitioner
- Credentials: APN, MSN, FNP
Thomas Blazkow—Director of Professional Services
- Credentials: RN
- College Attended: Oakton Community College
- Other Affiliations: MD 1998 from Medical University Wroclaw Poland, previously a physician in Poland
- Credentials: BSN, RN
- Started in Hospice: 1996
- College Attended: University of Illinois at Chicago
We Honor Veterans Program
Every day, ProMedica has the distinct honor of providing hundreds of U.S. military veterans with hospice care. We take pride in thanking our veteran patients with special recognition throughout the year.Learn More
Partners In Care
We collaborate with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care.
Other Health Care Providers
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.